2017 Mercury ME 9.9 ELPT CT 4S
Call for Price
ME 9.9 ELPT CT 4S
Incredibly responsive to get you going with little or no prep.
- More Thrust: Mercury® ProKicker outboards feature a deeper gearcase and a four-blade, high-thrust propeller with matching gear ratio – the perfect setup for trolling and precise control in all conditions. The ProKicker gearcase is engineered to be rugged and durable, with robust gears and bearings and a heavy-duty skeg that’s 55% thicker and twice as strong side-to-side as the previous gearcase.
- Enhanced Features: The Mercury 8 and 9.9hp FourStroke outboards include: New three-position choke and no primer button improve starting, simplify the starting procedure and allow the engine to warm up faster; A richer idle air / fuel mix makes the engine easier to start and provides better idle running quality (tiller handle models); A change to the ignition timing allows fishermen to find and hold optimal troll speed
- Power Tilt: The fastest power tilt in the industry drops a Mercury 9.9 - 15hp ProKicker FourStroke outboard into the water in just five seconds. Exclusive kicker-centering straps align and secure the outboard in full tilt-up position while you’re underway.
- Command Thrust: Big-time power. With a longer design and bigger components, Mercury Command Thrust was made specifically to deliver the type of power, thrust and control that wider, heavier boats demand. The Command Thrust Difference (Blue shaded areas represent prop and gearcase advantages): 20% larger prop increases control especially at low speeds.; Taller gearcase puts the prop deeper, below turbulent water, for improved performance.; A low 2.42:1 gear ratio delivers thrust and maneuveraility that big loads demand.; Oversized Antiventilation Plate. Oversized design prevents air from being drawn into the prop, which increases efficiency.
- Power in the Palm of Your Hand: Tiller models feature the exclusive Mercury multifunction tiller that puts shifting; throttle control (with improved slow-speed throttle advance for optimal trolling); stopping; tilting; steering in the palm of your hand.
- Lightweight: At only 83 pounds, these engines are very portable and improve the performance of lightweight boats.
- Convenient and Easy Tilting: Push down on the tiller handle to easily tilt the outboard to any position, made easy with our exclusive ratcheting transom bracket.
- Start Easily, Idle Smoothly: Mercury 8hp to 20hp FourStroke outboards have features that make starting easier, warm-ups faster and idling smoother! The fuel filter on 8hp to 20hp Mercury FourStrokes has been moved to keep the carburetor cleaner; Tiller handle models have a richer air/fuel mix at idle; They also come standard with a three-position choke, eliminating the need for a primer button
- HP / kW: 9.9 / 7.3
- Engine type: Inline 2
- Displacement (CID/CC): 12.8 / 208
- Full throttle RPM: 5000-6000
- Fuel induction system: 2 valves per cylinder, single overhead cam (SOHC)
- Alternator amp / Watt: 6 amp / 76 watt
- Recommended fuel: 87% octane / up to 10% ethanol
- Recommended oil: Mercury FourStroke Oil 10W-30
- Engine protection operator warning system: Low oil pressure, Over-rev
- Starting: Electric, Manual
- Steering: Remote, Tiller
- Shaft length: 25 in. / 635 mm
- Gearcase ratio: 2.42:1
- Dry weight *Lightest model available: 108 lb. / 49 kg
- CARB star rating: 3
- Bore and stroke: 2.16 x 1.73 in. / 55 x 44 mm
- Ignition: CDI w/electronic spark advance
- Fuel system: Carbureted
- Cooling system: Water-cooled with thermostat
- Gear shift: F-N-R
- Gearcase options: Standard
- Trim system: Power Tilt
- Trim positions: Ratcheting
- Exhaust system: Through prop
- Shallow water drive: Yes
- Shallow water trim range (degrees): 16
- Integrated fuel tank (gal / L): 3.2 / 12
- Color: Phantom Black
NOTES:Dry weight based on lightest model available.
- Engine Type
- Inline 2
- Bore x Stroke
- 2.16 x 1.73 in. (55 x 44 mm)
- 12.8 cid (208 cc)
- Electric, Manual
- Shaft Length
- 25 in. (635 mm)
- 108 lb. (49 kg)
- Trim Method
- Power Tilt
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 9.9 hp (7.3 kW)
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5000-6000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 2.42:1 / F-N-R
- Fuel Induction
- 2 valves per cylinder, single overhead cam (SOHC)
- 6 amp / 76 watt
- Water-cooled with thermostat
- Remote, Tiller
- 3 Year Corrosion, 3 Year Limited